Plastic SCM is a version control system that will help you develop new features in parallel, go distributed, merge in time, and never break a build again
What can you do with Plastic SCM?
1. Use task-branches to develop
- Create one branch for each new feature or bug fix. Checkin often, diff your own in-progress work, share, test...
- Merge even when you heavily moved files and directories.
- Visualize the repository history and track method history.
2. Do continuous delivery
- Work in branches, test and peer-review every branch before merging.
- Use release branches or ‘main’ to deliver.
- Plug any CI system you want.
3. Go distributed
- Enable teams from different cities collaborate on the same project faster: one server on each side, no latency issues, no proxy-based fake DVCS.
- Let developers have their own repositories.
- Perform all the replication operations visually and preview the push and pulls.
- Seamlessly work with Git projects.
- Work in central mode without a local repo anytime you need it.
4. Scale up to huge projects, big teams and large binaries
- Work with hundreds of developers on the same project.
- Develop projects with huge binaries and unmergeable content like game development and simulation.
- Enforce best practices with fine grained security.
- Store everything on robust and standard databases.