Software quality assurance & testing
OpenExcellence, our open methodology
OpenExcellence is an open and flexible methodology based on three concepts:
1. Adaptation to the client's needs and level of maturity in processes, procedures and tools.
2. Quality is not one more phase of the software life cycle; it is an independent process which takes place simultaneously with the development process.
3. On-shore / Off-Shore approach which permits a 24/7 service.
How it works: for every new client, EFRON identifies specific needs and client's maturiy in methods and tools, and customizes the service accordingly. The result is an ad-hoc model, completely optimized and adapted to the client’s needs. Our CoE team makes sure that standards, processes and procedures are appropriate for the project in question and are correctly implemented.
To do so, QA is divided in four phases, matching the software's life cycle:
1. Quality in Documentation: we start by revising and preparing assets for quality assurance and tests.\
2. Quality configuration: environments, data, deployments.
3. Internal Quality of Code: we carry out static analyses of the code, units tests and code coverage.
4. Tests of Software: Smoke, Functional, Usability, Security, Performance, UAT and Regression tests are carried out, amongst others.
Moreover, as a global company with experts working in different time zones, we are able to offer a 24/7 service. Our On-Shore / Off-Shore approach provides agility and makes sure our clients' needs are fulfilled in a timely manner. Our methodology contemplates an on-shore/off-shore approach, where both front and back-end teams work simultaneously to ensure the client's needs are being correctly met:
- Front-end teams are close to the client, they manage the service and are the contact point with the client, sharing the same culture and language. They provide an extensive sector knowledge.
- Back-end teams are located Nearshore/Offshore and execute the service with a high degree of industrialization.